World-Class Facial Reconstructive Surgery Services
When a child is born with a facial deformity, it can be a difficult experience for the entire family. Although many different treatments and surgeries can offer hope and reassurance, they are often beyond the family’s reach and financial scope. The Little Baby Face Foundation is changing that situation one child at a time.
Our available reconstructive services aim to treat children 0-21 years of age with their facial birth defects and help their families through the ordeal as smoothly as possible.
Facial Reconstruction and Restoration Procedures
In addition to our wide-ranging corrective surgeries, we also provide facial reconstructive surgery and restoration procedures, including:
- Hearing Restoration Procedures
- BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid)
- Bone Grafting
- Distraction Osteogenesis
- Microvascular Nerve repair
- Orthognathic Surgery
The Little Baby Face Foundation uses a comprehensive approach to patient treatment. Once accepted for treatment, each child receives the care they need, including:
- Full medical evaluation services for each child, including physical exams, scans, x-rays, and other diagnostic testing.
- Surgery required to correct the deformity.
- Transportation and lodging for the child and one (1) adult guardian to and from New York City. The average stay is one (1) week per surgery.
Corrective Surgery and Medical Services
The Foundation’s team of world-class surgeons and medical providers at New York City’s finest institutions volunteer their time and expertise to provide the best medical care to children born with facial deformities worldwide, regardless of a family’s ability to pay.
The Little Baby Face Foundation offers corrective surgery for children suffering from many different facial deformities, including:
- Alteriovenous Malformation
- Atresia (Malformed Ear Canals)
- Cleft Lip and/or Cleft Palate
- Ear Deformities
- Facial Atrophy
- Facial Clefts
- Facial Hemangiomas
- Facial Palsy
- Facial Tumors
- Facial Vascular Lesions (Hemangioma)
- Hairy Nevi
- Malformed Face and Jawbones (Hemifacial Microsomia)
- Microtia (Missing or Malformed Ears)
- Nasal Atresia
- Nasal Clefts
Research and Development
The Little Baby Face Foundation strives to be at the forefront of the development and treatment of reconstructive case management and medical procedures, ensuring that the facial reconstructive surgeries performed through our organization are of the highest quality.
To do this, we maintain a robust research and education library for our patients:
- Education and documentation of new surgical reconstruction techniques.
- Utilization of new materials and products that enhance the quality of reconstruction surgery.
- Development of treatment protocols and standards for holistic approach to reconstructive case management.
We are committed to educating a generation of doctors and medical providers that are knowledgeable and trained to treat children with facial birth deformities. In order to do this, we offer various continuing education opportunities, such as:
- Grand Rounds for hospital and pediatric interns
- Educational seminars on identification and current treatment protocol for correcting infant/child facial deformities.
- Physician’s Reference Section on the website.
- Consultations for reconstructive care management.
Plus, the medical professionals on our team make regular, significant contributions for both national and international fields of facial deformity research.
Click on any of the links below for recent academic research from the Little Baby Face Foundation community:
- Aesthetic Microtia Reconstruction with Medpor
- Reconstruction of Congenital Microtia-Atresia
- Medpor Alternative For Microtia Repair
- Otoplasty Using the Postauricular Skin Flap Technique
- Cleft Lip Nasal Reconstruction Using Porous High-Density Polyethylene
- Versatile Use of Skin Expanders in Facial Plastic Surgery
Family Support and Education
Although receiving reconstructive surgery and medical care is a wonderful thing, it can also be very confusing and overwhelming for the family. We understand this and offer comprehensive, caring family support to help them through this difficult time.
When working with the Little Baby Face Foundation, expect:
- Education regarding corrective surgery and treatment alternatives for the patient.
- Assistance with providing medical justification for corrective surgery.